PLANT 5K Run & Walk
Get ready for Louisville Grows’ inaugural PLANT 5K Run & Walk!
This inaugural 5K event will support Louisville Grows’ mission to grow greener, healthier neighborhoods by reducing the urban heat-island effect, increasing our community’s urban tree canopy, and supporting recreation along shady routes that tree planting can create!
$30 registration fee. Register at https://runsignup.com/Race/Register/?raceId=88616.
The race will feature unique and sustainable swag and best practices for the race and festivities.
* Each participant will receive a collapsible, reusable cup with registration.
* Overall winners will receive free professional tree planting (minimum 1″ caliper, native tree) on their property or on their behalf.
* This is a zero-waste event. No disposable cups will be offered to the runners. A water station will not be available due to COVID-19 safety precautions.
* Old shoes donations will be accepted on-site for recycling.
* Composting, recycling, and waste containers will be provided.
* Participant awards will be made from renewable resources by a local artist.
*Tee shirts will be available as an add-on at registration. Given the significant environmental cost of making T-shirts (2,700 gallons of water to make a single cotton T-shirt, and 2kg of carbon), we have opted for alternative, more eco-friendly swag.
COVID 19 UPDATE: The race-organizing team is monitoring the local, state, federal and CDC guidance as it relates to the global pandemic. We prioritize the health of our community, above all else. Should prevailing guidance advise against holding the event, Plant 5K will offer refunds
This event benefits Louisville Grows. Louisville Grows is an environmental, nonprofit organization whose mission is to Grow Greener, Healthier Neighborhoods. Our vision is to foster green, just and sustainable neighborhoods in Louisville. We seek to be a leading nonprofit in advocating for health equity through the environmental platforms of urban forestry and urban agriculture. Louisville Grows’ neighborhood-based urban forestry program focuses on rebuilding the urban tree canopy with a goal of planting 1000 trees each year.