Job Title: Urban Forestry Assistant
Reports to: Urban Forestry Manager
Location: 1641 Portland Avenue, Louisville, KY 40203
Hours: 20 hours per week, grant-funded position.
Weekend hours are required.
Pay: $18 per hour
Louisville Grows is looking for an enthusiastic person to assist our Urban Forestry and Community Engagement managers in our spring 2024 tree planting season.
This position is grant-funded for 3 months during the spring of 2024 for 20 hours per week.
This is a perfect position for a community-minded resident seeking to supplement their income over the next few months. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who is comfortable canvassing door-to-door and interacting with neighborhood residents, enjoys the outdoors in all types of weather, and possesses strong organizational skills.
The candidate will be fully involved in the tree planting event process: finding treecipients, data input, staging and planting trees, organizing neighborhood tree plantings, and working with volunteers, plus any follow-up tasks related to the plantings.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Experience in neighborhood leadership roles and canvassing.
- Ability to perform physical labor including moving 140+lbs. using a tree dolly in all weather conditions and maintaining a safe workplace in accordance with organizational policy.
- Experience working with diverse communities of people.
- Database management experience.
- Proficient with Google Workspace.
- Experience with leading and organizing volunteers, and/or knowledge of effective community organizing practices.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with individuals and work well with diverse and/or marginalized populations, including the ability to invite and incorporate feedback.
- Mature and professional demeanor with a strong work ethic.
Louisville Grows is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications are being accepted and the position will remain open until filled.